Thursday, March 13, 2008

Yippie! book's next chapter

Mr. Gábor Pados, owner of Golyós Toll Publishers called yesterday. If he can sell his Irokéz office supplies company in the next few days he'll publish the Yippie! book by the end of May, 2008 he said. We shall see if his promise will come true this time. Even if the book will come out by the beginning of Summer it is going to be very difficult to sell it. Earlier I was invited by several schools and universities to give lectures on the book's subjects, but the school year will end in June, so there is no chance that these invitations will still be valid in that time. Also, the Szépírok Társasága (a writers' association) - which I am a member of - ran out of money, so they won't be able to sponsor the promotion of the book. I know that - just as it happened in the case of my previous book (A Blum-ház rejtélye - The Mystery of the House of Bloom) - Mr. Pados won't invest any effort or money to promote the Yippie! book. .................Mr. Pados's other promise was that he'll buy my 'talking statue' 'Peace' soon. First time he came up with this idea was 4 years ago, in 2004. We agreed on the price of the sculpture and he promised to pay me within 2 months. Then he has disappeared for a half a year. At the next time when I managed to get hold of him he said that he has no money right now, but will have some soon. He popped up with a new promise in each year since. 'Flimsy' is the right word to describe his type. The funny thing is that he always forgets about what he just said a few minutes ago: while he keeps on complaining that he has no money he is telling me about his new acquisitions, paintings, land, etc. ....................I completed three new articles - 'Rococo'; 'Whitney Biennal 2008' and 'Holy Hip-Hop: New Paintings by Alex Melamid' (not yet posted) for artportal.hu and started to work on a new video piece 'Free Tibet', with which I want to open my new WordCitizen show on april 3, 2008, at the Merlin International Theatre.

No comments: