Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Chaos Management

Just as Gabriella Schuller (my writer collaborator), Gaspar Baksa (the book's designer and printing editor) and I finished correcting the 'Yippie!' book's manuscript and we were about giving it to the printer we were told by the publisher, Mr. Gabor Pados that he doesn't have the money to publish the book. Mr. Pados is a rather wealthy man by Hungarian standards and the printing wouldn't cost that much, so I suspect something fishy's going on. Perhaps Mr. Pados is afraid to publish such honest and sincere book for political reasons, a definitelly not uncommon occurance in present day Hungary. I have a signed publishing contract with Mr. Pados, so I could sue him for breaching our agreement if I'd have the money to hire a lawyer. But I am poor as a church mouse and Mr. Pados knows it all too well. So presently I am trying to find another publisher, which is not an easy job anywhere, especially in this politically charged country. The Yippie! book is a far too independent minded project, equally offending to both two political sides. Just a few weeks ago my Caribbean travel journal and my techno novel 'DJ NoMore' was refused by the Kalligram publishers, after many months of cat and mouse games. Both writings are just as strongly independent as the Yippie! book is. So I decided to create only audio books in the future, which I'll be publishing in a downloadable format, via the Internet.

No comments: